Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Jeeves dumped.

Iconic valet, Jeeves has been axed from the Ask.com search engine. Jeeves, who has graced the site since it debuted in 1996, was sacked after the company decided they wanted a more modern look to their search engine. They are refering to his departure as a retirement, but everyone knows that's just management speak for being kicked out. Apparently Jeeves is now travelling around the world. Yeah, right. As you can see, his third class travel ticket has now expired. Hardly cutting edge satire here, but I can't help wondering what the jobless valet will now do. There is a save Jeeves weblog - Save Jeeves.
If you see him in the street begging, then do the dignified British thing and walk straight past, looking embarrassed.
Many thanks to Caliope who's been sending in ideas for future cartoons. I'm always open to suggestions. I might not take them all up, but it's worth pointing me to a link that may have past under my radar. You can email me directly: clangnuts@gmail.com or leave comments here on any post. Think of the thrill of seeing a cartoon, and thinking "That was my idea". Try not to think, "that was my idea and I didn't even get a badge!". Think of my brain having a holiday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment