Thursday, August 30, 2007

Unproductive Day ONE


Well, I've not drawn any cartoons at all today. So there's nothing for me to tell you about and then not publish it on here anyway.
.
Still haven't heard back from the National Publication that I sent two cartoons to yesterday. One of the cartoons was very topical, but then the news changed overnight, so it might be pushed aside because of this. We shall see.
The good news is that I might be free to publish it on here soon - but then it's no longer topical, so you'll probably hate it anyway.
.
I've spent most the day looking at buying a printer. Too many choices you see. That, and the fact that I hate spending money - so I'm looking for something which will be cheap to run. Funny how many printers are cheaper than the ink that's inside them! If only cars were cheaper than a tank full of petrol, eh?
.
I'm weighing up my options at the moment. Seriously looking at buying the HP Laserjet 1018 (pictured), as it's cheap, it's a laser printer, and I don't need to print in colour. The reason I need a printer is to be able to send off cartoons to more publications. Surprisingly in this technological world we live I've only found 1 publication that accepts unsolicited cartoons via email. So I'm very sorry for the planet, but I need to do a lot of printing.
.
My only concern with this printer is, does it print cartoon drawings well enough to send off. None of the dozen or so reviews I've read mention how well it prints line drawings (although some mention it's not so great with graphics), so it look like I'm going to have to take a chance with this. Hopefully if it's entirely useless, I'll be able to return it. Hopefully it'll be exactly what I need.

0 comments:

Post a Comment