Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No more Gag Cartoons (maybe)


I've been thinking of where this Blog is heading, and after discussion with some people who know far more about cartoons then I do - I have decided to wind down Clangnuts Cartoon Blog, into something which is less about every single cartoon that I draw, and more about sharing with you, the readers about my cartooning life.

...
That's not to say that Clangnuts Cartoon Blog will disappear from the web. I appreciate all the visitors who have shown support for my work, and encouraged me to keep updating. The problem I have is that I cannot publish unsold cartoons on here, and at the same time offer them to editors on a first rights basis. As they have already appeared on here, I am limiting the potential to sell them elsewhere. As I need to develop an income from my cartoons, I have to take this hard decision and limit what I post on here.

...
Once something has already sold, or done the rounds and not sold at all - then I'll be free to publish them on here. So hopefully after a few months, I'll still have a collection of gag cartoons which I can then show you all on here.
...
I will keep you all posted on where I'm getting with the cartoons I'm drawing.

...
My other idea is to develop something exclusively just for this blog. I'm thinking of a weekly strip cartoon - which wouldn't need to be submitted unsolicited to cartoon editors anyway - so I'd be very interested in any ideas, or thoughts you may have. Please leave comments, and let me know what you think.
...
I'm also think of building a fairly static website, to accompany this blog, and to act as an online portfolio for my work. The domain name, www.clangnuts.com may be used for this, with a link to this blog.

...
Believe me, this isn't an easy decision for me to make. I'd love to show you the latest cartoons, but you're just going to have to wait. Sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment