Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Style Council

In an attempt to break the cartoon block (it's more to do with drawing style then ideas) I have been doing some rough sketches. I know that my drawing style changes all the time, if you look back at some of the cartoons on this blog, you will see many styles. I don't seem to be able to stick to one style. Cartoons drawn on the same day seem to have a similar style (all the crap ones are drawn at the same time).
I've been covering news items, which require quick drawings. Old news is no news, as someone once said. The sketchy style is my personal favourite. It's easier to hide the mistakes in a sketchy cartoon, and they don't require so much preparation. I also think that the sketchy style is more 'Clangnuts' then anything else I may draw.
I hate cutesy cartoons. Cartoon vomit. I have been guilty of emulating this style of drawing from time to time. I need to branch out and make a unique identity with my drawings. It's all experimental at this stage. I'd love to hear your views on drawing style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment